Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Library

I love going to the library. We go once a week, usually on Tuesday mornings, and we love every minute of it. We walk, and it's about a 40-45 minute walk, one way. So Library trips are a long ordeal. We walk there, take our time finding books (our library has a great kids section, and it even has a whole board book section!) and usually pick out one or two Sesame Street DVDs for the week. Then we check out, eat a snack, and walk home. (The snacking part is kind of crucial.)


By the time we're on the last leg of our walk back, I'm usually pretty bushed. It's just slightly uphill most of the way back, so I'm always so relieved to get home. I'll grab some water for me and Lynny, sit down to feed George and let Lynny look at her books. Sometimes we'll eat lunch then go down for a nice (long) nap; other times we'll sit and read for a little bit first. I love that time with my kids. And they love it too.

2 comments: